WELCOME TO LEHIGH VALLEY VETERINARY DERMATOLOGY
Coronavirus Policy Update
The impact of COVID-19 is hitting home for all of us. At LVVD, we are dedicated to the health and safety of our patients, their owners and our staff. This is a difficult time and we are doing our best to keep everyone safe while we continue to offer care to the patients that need our help. When graduating veterinary school, we take an oath that includes the 'promotion of public health', so it is critical that we do our part to protect the well-being of the two-legged, non-tail wagging community, clientele and staff. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow recommendations from federal, state, and local officials.
We are requesting the following:
- Please cancel and/or reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your family/household are sick and/or have any respiratory symptoms like a cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, aches, or if you have come in contact with someone who may be infected.
- Please minimize the number of people coming to our office by only bringing yourself and your pet
- We ask that you respect a safe social distance (6 feet) and avoid handshaking
- Please let us know if you are not comfortable coming in for a visit given the current situation. We realize it can take quite a while to get in for a new client appointment. When things settle down, we will work diligently to get you in as quickly as possible.
- Based on state mandates, all elective procedures will be postponed until further notice
What to expect during your visit to LVVD:
- The day before the appointment we will call you to get more history information on how your pet is doing
- When you reach our office, rather than coming inside, we ask that you call us at 610-391-1200 extension 6. If busy, try 610-391-1707 or 1708. Our doors will remain locked to avoid groups of people congregating in the waiting room. The staff will meet you outside by your car and take your pet inside for further care and examination. We ask that you please stay in your car.
- Once your pet has been examined, we will call you to review our findings and discuss a treatment plan
- If you prefer to video chat over phone, please let us know. We have options for Skype, FaceTime and Zoom
If you are uncomfortable with any of the above options, we totally understand and are more than happy to reschedule for you.
Telemedicine rechecks are available for patients that have previously been seen at LVVD (not for new consults)
Thanks for your understanding and please stay healthy and safe.
Lehigh Valley Veterinary Dermatology is a referral practice providing specialized dermatology care for animals in the Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania and surrounding regions (Philadelphia Area, Poconos, Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Harrisburg, New Jersey). We specialize in all dog and cat skin diseases, allergies, ear disease, and hair/claw abnormalities. We provide pets, their owners and veterinarians with advanced full service referral dermatology care.
We specialize in the management of allergies, skin & ear disease including:
Atopic dermatitis (environmental allergies)
Food allergy, flea bite allergy
Autoimmune and immune mediated skin diseases
Parasitic skin diseases
Chronic ear infections (otitis externa and media)
Bacterial and fungal skin infections
Hair and hair follicle associated disease
Specialized testing includes: (Click here for more information on services):
Intradermal allergy testing: Allergens injected under the skin. Results are used to make an allergy shot that is specific to your pet's allergies. At LVVD we have an in house allergy lab that makes allergy testing and formulating your pet's allergy vaccine convenient and accurate
Microscopic evaluation of skin samples
Video-otoscopy: Specialized scope used to evaluate and treat chronic ear infections
To schedule an appointment please call 610-391-1200 or Click here
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org