WELCOME TO LEHIGH VALLEY VETERINARY DERMATOLOGY
PET ALLERGY & DERMATOLOGY SPECIALISTS
Coronavirus Policy Update
At LVVD, we are dedicated to the health and safety of our patients, their owners, and our staff. This is a difficult time, and we are doing our best to keep everyone safe while we continue to offer care to the patients that need our help. Based on Pennsylvania state regulations, CDC recommendations, and the AVMA guidelines for veterinary clinics, we are following the below procedures:
- Please cancel and/or reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your family/household are sick and/or have COVID symptoms like a cough, fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell, sore throat, aches, or if you are on a quarantine from the Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Effective 7/1/2021 we will be allowing pet owners the option of coming back into the office following the below protocol:
- The waiting room will be closed, so rather than coming inside, please call 610-391-1200 (extension 0) when you arrive with your pet. The staff will meet you and escort your pet in for examination
- We will allow up to two clients into the building per pet. If you have more than two family members that would like to be involved in the visit/discussion, the visit will need to stay ‘Curbside Concierge’**
- Following CDC guidelines for medical facilities, masks are mandatory while in the office with your pet, regardless of COVID vaccination status. We are unable to accommodate clients inside the building without a mask. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask, we are still happy to accommodate you. Please let us know prior to the visit and we can arrange to keep the appointment ‘Curbside Concierge’**
- In the exam room, we ask that you maintain a safe physical distance from the staff. Since it can be difficult to maintain a safe distance when your pet is being examined, patient exams may be performed in our staff only procedural area. A technician will be helping the doctor with holding your pet for the exam. The doctor and staff will then bring your pet back into the room to review the findings and discuss a plan that is best for you and your pet.
- For medication pick-ups and nurse visits, we will still be using ‘Curbside Concierge’** service, so please call when you arrive.
- If you are uncomfortable with the above procedures, we totally understand and are more than happy to reschedule for you.
- If you prefer to not come into the building, we will still offer ‘Curbside Concierge’** service as an option for the time being
- **‘Curbside Concierge’ service: The staff will meet you outside by your car and take your pet inside for further care and examination. The owners stay in their car or outside while we examine their pet. If the weather is nice enough outside, please feel free to enjoy our gardens or visit our fish ponds. Once your pet has been examined, we will call you or come outside to review our findings and discuss a treatment plan
Thanks for understanding and please stay healthy and safe.
Lehigh Valley Veterinary Dermatology is a referral practice providing specialized dermatology care for animals in the Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania and surrounding regions (Philadelphia Area, Poconos, Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Harrisburg, New Jersey). We specialize in all dog and cat skin diseases, allergies, ear disease, and hair/claw abnormalities. We provide pets, their owners, and veterinarians with advanced full service referral dermatology care.
We specialize in the management of allergies, skin & ear disease including:
Atopic dermatitis (environmental allergies)
Food allergy, flea bite allergy
Autoimmune and immune mediated skin diseases
Parasitic skin diseases
Chronic ear infections (otitis externa and media)
Bacterial and fungal skin infections
Hair and hair follicle associated disease
Specialized testing includes: (Click here for more information on services):
Intradermal allergy testing: Allergens injected under the skin. Results are used to make an allergy shot that is specific to your pet's allergies. At LVVD we have an in house allergy lab that makes allergy testing and formulating your pet's allergy vaccine convenient and accurate
Microscopic evaluation of skin samples
Video-otoscopy: Specialized scope used to evaluate and treat chronic ear infections
To schedule an appointment please call 610-391-1200 or Click here
For more information email: email@example.com