WELCOME TO LEHIGH VALLEY VETERINARY DERMATOLOGY
PET ALLERGY & DERMATOLOGY SPECIALISTS
Coronavirus Policy Update
The impact of COVID-19 is hitting home for all of us. At LVVD, we are dedicated to the health and safety of our patients, their owners, and our staff. This is a difficult time and we are doing our best to keep everyone safe while we continue to offer care to the patients that need our help. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow recommendations from federal, state, and local officials.
Based on Pennsylvania state regulations, and the CDC/AVMA guidelines for veterinary clinics, we are following the below procedures:
- Please cancel and/or reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your family/household are sick and/or have any respiratory symptoms like a cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, aches, or if you have come in contact with someone who may be infected, or if you have traveled outside of the state and are on a state mandated quarantine from the Pennsylvania Department of Health (https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx).
- Please minimize the number of people coming to our office by only bringing yourself and your pet
- When interacting with the staff (even if outdoors) we ask that you wear a mask and respect a safe distance (6 feet), and avoid handshaking
- When you reach our office, rather than coming inside, we ask that you call us at 610-391-1200 extension 0. If busy, you can also try 391-1707/1708. Our doors will remain locked to avoid groups of people congregating in the waiting room. No clients are currently permitted into the building. The staff will meet you outside by your car and take your pet inside for further care and examination. We ask that you please stay in your car or outside while we examine your pet. If warm enough outside, please feel free to enjoy our gardens or visit our fish ponds. If you do not have a way to keep your pet (or yourself) warm while waiting, please let us know.
- Once your pet has been examined, we will call you to review our findings and discuss a treatment plan
If you are uncomfortable with the above procedures, we totally understand and are more than happy to reschedule for you.
Thanks for your understanding and please stay healthy and safe.
Lehigh Valley Veterinary Dermatology is a referral practice providing specialized dermatology care for animals in the Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania and surrounding regions (Philadelphia Area, Poconos, Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Harrisburg, New Jersey). We specialize in all dog and cat skin diseases, allergies, ear disease, and hair/claw abnormalities. We provide pets, their owners and veterinarians with advanced full service referral dermatology care.
We specialize in the management of allergies, skin & ear disease including:
Atopic dermatitis (environmental allergies)
Food allergy, flea bite allergy
Autoimmune and immune mediated skin diseases
Parasitic skin diseases
Chronic ear infections (otitis externa and media)
Bacterial and fungal skin infections
Hair and hair follicle associated disease
Specialized testing includes: (Click here for more information on services):
Intradermal allergy testing: Allergens injected under the skin. Results are used to make an allergy shot that is specific to your pet's allergies. At LVVD we have an in house allergy lab that makes allergy testing and formulating your pet's allergy vaccine convenient and accurate
Microscopic evaluation of skin samples
Video-otoscopy: Specialized scope used to evaluate and treat chronic ear infections
To schedule an appointment please call 610-391-1200 or Click here
For more information email: email@example.com